What Parent's Want Award Winning Schools
SchoolMatch® by Public Priority Systems, Inc. is a research
and database service company that collects, audits, integrates, processes
and manages information about public elementary and secondary
Click on a state name below to view the list of award-winning school systems.
Only sixteen percent of the nation's 15,571 public school districts (2,437) have been recognized for meeting the needs of families choosing schools. The nation's largest school selection consulting firm, SchoolMatch® of Columbus, OH, announced the 2012 Twenty-first Annual award in a recent letter to State School Leadership Associations and State Department of Education Superintendents.
Criteria used for award selection include:
- A close match to what SchoolMatch® users most often request. Compilation of over 97,000 parent questionnaires completed by SchoolMatch® clients reveals parents most often look for school systems that are:
- competitive in academic test scores and academically solid, but not so rigorous as to intimidate their children
- recognized for excellence by a national foundation or by the U.S. Department of Education
- competitive in teacher salaries
- above average in instructional expenditures on a national percentile basis
- above average in expenditures for library/media services on a national percentile basis
- known for small class size
- Availability of programs at the secondary level. Since relocating parents often focus upon finding a school system that produces a certain quality of "end product" (a high school graduate), only school systems that provide secondary school programs are eligible for the award.
SchoolMatch® Resource Center